- 5 Large Apples
- ½ Lemon, Juiced
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 3 Tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ Butter (I used vegan Earth Balance)
- 2 Tbsp Maple Butter
- Four of the apples will be turned into bowls! Cut the tops off of four apples. Then spoon out the insides and put all of them except for the pit in in a large pan. Dispose of the apple pit.
- Line the inside of the apple bowls with lemon juice. That prevents them from browning.
- Peel the fifth apple, dice it, and throw the diced apple into the pan with the other apple insides.
- Add the sugar, cinnamon to the pan. Mix the contents so that the apple innards are coated in cinnamon sugar. Add the butter.
- Place the pan on the stove and set the heat to medium. Cook the mixture until the apples are soft when you poke them with a fork.
- Pour the apple cinnamon sugar mix in the apple bowls.
- Top with maple butter.
I liked the outcome. The picture at the top of this post only had four apples for the filling, not five like this recipe calls for. Another topping that would work well would be an oat topping like ones often seen with apple crisps. If such a topping were added, you would want to omit the fifth apple.